My students do not necessarily have a strong background in mathematics. When the time comes for them to animate objects, pick out random values or manipulate hex colors using ActionScript, many are just overwhelmed. That’s why I put together this cheat sheet as a handout for them.
If your math is a bit rusty, you might find it useful too. It very briefly covers the following areas :
- Coordinates system (x, y)
- Angles (degrees, radians and the conversion between the two)
- Basic trigonometry for distance, angle and position calculation
- Random number generation
- Binary and hexadecimal notations
- Color manipulation (with binary arithmetic)
- Operator precedence & associativity
- Modular arithmetic
- Vectors (for movement calculation)
As you can see on the preview, there is space to add some more material to the middle of the cheat sheet. Suggestions are welcome!